Thursday, 4 May 2017

Poem - I Peaked A Bit Too Early



 Rainbows at Night - The Poems of Clive Culverhouse


I Peaked A Bit Too Early

It’s like I peaked a bit too early
now I’m left alone and wondering
My life was full and now it’s emptying
The build-up came
I held for a while
now I’m sliding down, left staggering
All on course but now off-kiltering
Plummeting fast and quickly sinking in
Calling out but no-one’s listening
Where am I going now
Where am I heading now
Plenty behind but what’s ahead
Times were good but now they’re faltering
leaving me standing almost falling
How things change so quick
it’s frightening how things move
without you realising
One minute you’re on top the next you’re toppling
into an abyss and further down
coming to the bottom
Trying to take the medication
Hoping to get some stabilisation
Ready to try and make it up again
Up is high, up is steep
Each day just climbing and clawing
But what’s waiting there for me?
Everything moved on so seemingly nothing
Am I back or am I stagnating
Still I’m lost and still teetering
on the edge, the thin line shaking and wobbling
and vicious circling
This it seems is where I’m at
where I’m lurking, where I’m struggling
‘til I make that change and then start changing
Living again and gaining again
Being strong and on top again
So that’s where I’m heading
That’s where I’m going
and that’s what I’m doing
so here’s to me hoping


© 2017 Clive Culverhouse. All rights reserved. This poem is the property of Clive Culverhouse and may not be used without permission.





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment