Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Poem - I Will Be Here Again Some Day



Rainbows at Night - The Poems of Clive Culverhouse


I Will Be Here Again Some Day

They who painted the butterfly's wings
also fashioned love
from rose petals and sunshine
blossomed gardens there
divine and the sweet smell of honey finds
I've walked this path before

They who gave the bee its sting
also fashioned fear
from the curse and spell
of nightly dwell where demons dance in
depravity's hell finds
I've passed this way before

They who allowed my heart to ache
also fashioned grief
from falling leaves
ills and disease where loved ones
stroke us on the breeze finds
I’ve been this route before

Thus again I find I tread
the range of nature's course
with strange feelings I cannot pinpoint
But the path, route and way
before me lay once more for my return
and I know that deep inside
I will be here again some day


 
© 2017 Clive Culverhouse. All rights reserved. This poem is the property of Clive Culverhouse and may not be used without permission.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment