Monday, 1 May 2017

Poem - The Wind



Rainbows at Night - The Poems of Clive Culverhouse


The Wind

The monster all around
invisible but for its breath
bending branches, swaying trees
stripping them of their leaves without
plucking or picking
acting without touching
rolling through the fields
dispersing seeds of dandelions
paining my ears and
numbing my chin
battering my face
my eyes watering
without crying at the beast
who wraps its arms around me
squeezing and constricting
pulling and pushing as I walk
I fight and stagger from
the monster’s bite, I’m haggard
until shelter protects me
and it vents its rage
without me


© 2017 Clive Culverhouse. All rights reserved. This poem is the property of Clive Culverhouse and may not be used without permission.





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment