Monday, 8 May 2017

Poem - With Out-Stretched Arms



Rainbows at Night - The Poems of Clive Culverhouse


With Out-Stretched Arms



With out-stretched arms

the taught rope digs underfoot

It’s a fine line I walk

between OK and not OK

Not wanting to talk

The abyss below is black

All too familiar

Once again I’m back

facing depths similar

to how I balanced up high before

how my smile died before

and now I walk that rope

once more

Every day and every step

I tore

a strip of me away

but I cling to that rope

and feel it dig underfoot

in the hope I one day again will put

the smile back on my face


© 2017 Clive Culverhouse. All rights reserved. This poem is the property of Clive Culverhouse and may not be used without permission.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment